This is a refreshing and delicious recipe the whole family will love.
Once the fish has been marinated, it will only take about 10 minutes to prepare the tacos.
Wrap these in cabbage or collard leaves or with your favorite gluten-free wrap.
Feel free to experiment with the toppings! If you don’t have time to chop/dice, a good store-bought mango salsa is always an option. (Just watch for added sugar.)
For the fish:
- Juice from two large oranges
- Juice from ½ lime
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 4 cod fillets or other white fish filets (cut into 1″ chunks)
For the wraps:
- 6–8 collard or cabbage leaves, or 4 gluten-free wraps
- ½ red pepper, diced
- ½ red onion, diced
- 1 mango, diced
- ½ avocado, diced
- Mix the orange juice, lime juice, olive oil, cumin, and salt in a bowl and combine well.
- Place cod pieces into a large Ziploc bag and pour in the juice. Marinate for 2-4 hours in the refrigerator, flipping the bag over about halfway through.
- When you’re ready to prepare the meal, heat the oil in a large skillet. When the pan is warm, add the cod and cook for about 4-5 minutes on 1 side, then turning only once, finish cooking on the other side (about 8-9 minutes total).
- Prepare your tacos to your liking, adding the fish, pepper, onion, & mango.